Saturday, March 31, 2012

How to Make Your Skillet Non-Stick

I. did. not. know. this.

Recently, I decided to make omelets for supper. It was one of those nights that wasn't very well planned, and I was scrambling for a supper idea.

As I was scanning the internet, I found this tip. I was skeptical. I didn't really think it would work, but since my skillet is NOT a non-stick pan and I was wanting to make omelets, I decided to give it a try.

It worked! I have since used this trick several times with great success.

Place skillet on stove burner and turn heat to high. Pour a layer of salt over the bottom of the skillet. Allow salt to cook while shaking the pan. Cook until salt browns. Carefully (don't get burned) wipe the salt out of the pan with a paper towel. Your skillet is now non-stick. You can make omelets (and other things) without fear.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Was this the skillet...without the handle? Cause, if so, I'd really like to see how the shaking part worked out for you. :0)

Leah Belle said...

LOL!!! yes it is! i used a hot pad! i know, i'm crazy! must go to store today!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails