Tuesday, February 28, 2012

S'mores Bars

I love to read blogs. There is a long list of blogs in my reader that I follow every day. It probably takes more of my time than it should, but I love all the craft ideas and recipes that I find. When I had several Valentine events approaching this February, I went searching for a fun yet EASY sweet I could make. This one was very easy to make and hit with all the kiddos. I ended up making it for THREE different Valentine parties.

1c. graham cracker crumbs
3/4 c. packed brown sugar
1/2 c. softened butter
1/2 c. flour
1/2 t. baking soda
4 c. mini marshmallows
3/4 c. M&Ms
homemade chocolate syrup (or store bought, if you wish) :)

Crush graham crackers, then beat them in mixer with brown sugar, butter, flour and baking soda. (Did you know that you can crumble graham crackers in the food processor? I feel silly that I only realized that recently. I have always used a ziploc bag and a rolling pin. I just don't get out enough!)

Press mixture in the bottom of a greased 9X13 pan. Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown.

Remove from oven and spread mini marshmallows over the crust. Bake 1-2 minutes until marshmallows puff.


Drizzle with chocolate syrup.


Sprinkle with M&Ms.


Let cool, then cut into bars.
Try really hard not to eat them all yourself (you'll fail).

This delicious recipe was found on It's a Crafty Life.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails