Friday, March 20, 2009

Potato Rolls

This favorite bread recipe was given to me by my friend, Lynn. She is a frequent bread maker, and I was honored when she gave me a handmade booklet of all her bread recipes. I recently made this roll for supper co-op and was very pleased with the results.

This is a bread machine recipe. You will need to follow your machine's instructions about what order to add ingredients.

1/2 c. mashed potatoes
1/4 c. potato water
1/4 c. canola oil
1 c. warm milk
1 egg
1/4 c. sugar
1 1/4 t. salt
4 c. bread flour*
2 1/4 t. yeast

*I modified the amount of flour: 3 1/2 c. bread flour and 1/2 c. whole wheat flour*

I place all these ingredients in bread maker and use the dough cycle. Then shape into rolls, cover in a warm place and allow to rise until double in size. Bake at 350 degrees until golden brown.

3 comments:

Main Street Mom said...

They were still so soft the next day that I sliced one..actually two and made small turkey sandwiches! Wonderful bread and great texture! Thanks for posting this!

Main Street Mom said...

I am in love with this recipe!!!! Just made them successfully! (50/50 Whole wheat and white)!!! The house smells wonderful! Even made some tied rolls too!

liesl-lou said...

these are fantastic - I made them for Thanksgiving, and they are perfect. I used 3 cups white bread flour and 1 cup whole white wheat.

thank you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails