Monday, September 15, 2008

Yammy Muffins

I found this recipe today in an old cookbook. I was intrigued by its ingredients and wanted to try them out on my kiddos. I was very pleased that the kiddos loved them!

1 3/4 c. all purpose flour
1 t. baking soda
1 t. baking powder
1 t. ground cinnamon
3/4 c. light brown sugar
1/4 c. sugar
1/2 c. skim milk
1 (15 oz) can yams, drained and mashed
1 T. grated orange rind
1/3 c. orange juice
1 large egg
1 large egg white
1/3 c. canola oil
1 t. vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a large bowl, combine together the dry ingredients. In another bowl, combine milk, yams, orange rind, orange juice, egg, egg white, oil, and vanilla.

Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened. Spoon the batter into muffin pans lined with a paper cup or coated with nonstick cooking spray.

Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the muffins are done.

1 comment:

Main Street Mom said...

I say this is one to try!!! I was privileged to find one waiting for my tasting pleasure upon arriving home from my son's dental appointment! I like those kind of surprises!!! Thanks, Leah!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails