Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Chicken Poppyseed Casserole

*This casserole is one my Mom cooked often while I was growing up. Eating it now brings back many great memories.

1 whole chicken
1 can cream mushroom, cream of chicken, OR cream of celery soup
1 (8 oz) sour cream
Ritz crackers
1/2 c. margarine
2 T poppy seed

Stew chicken and bone. Place chicken in a 2 quart casserole dish. Mix soup with sour cream and pour over chicken. Crush 45 Ritz crackers and mix with melted margarine. Sprinkle cracker mixture over casserole. Bake for 30 minutes or until bubbly and brown. Sprinkle poppy seed over casserole.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

one of our favs! My recipe is quite simmilar - I take this often when I am taking a meal to someone. People always want the recipe.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails