Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Aunt Gloria's Moon Pie Cake

My Aunt Gloria gave me this recipe in 2003 when I was compiling a cookbook of family recipes. I was making the book as a gift to my sister at her wedding.

I have used this recipe over and over. It is a wonderful cake to give as a gift and to take to parties. On the outside, it looks like an ordinary chocolate cake, but once cut into, has a very scrumptious surprise.

Ingredients:
Devils Food or Swiss Chocolate Cake Mix
1 lb powdered sugar
1 8 oz cream cheese
1 cool whip
1 pkg milk chocolate chips

Bake cake as directed on box in 2 9 or 10 inch round pans. Allow to cool completely.

Mix the powdered sugar, cream cheese and cool whip. Spread between the chocolate layers.


For icing, melt the chocolate chips with a little water. Stir until smooth and pour over cake. Spread icing until entire cake is covered. Serve on a cake stand or wrap as a gift.


Want to read more about this cake? Click here.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails