Thursday, January 31, 2008

This Yumminess Disappears Quickly!

I made this cake this week and as you can see, it won't be around long.

I used a Devil's Food Cake Mix, but the icing just makes the cake!

I baked it in Pampered Chef's round deep dish baker and it made a pretty cake. Then I topped it with my Mom's fudgey chocolate icing. Boy, eating a bite of this cake brought back childhood memories along with a few pounds. But lest you think I ate it all myself....my kiddos and hubby have had their fare share, too.

Here's how to make the icing:

2 c. sugar (no wonder its so yummy!)
1/2 c. (scant) cocoa
1/2 c. butter
1/2 c. milk
1 t. vanilla
nut, if desired

Mix sugar, cocoa, butter and milk in a medium saucepan. Bring to a full rolling boil. Boil until forms a soft ball when portion is dropped in cold water. Remove from heat. Add vanilla (and nuts, if desired). Place sauce pan in cold water and beat until mixture begins to thicken. Spread on cooled cake.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails